Friday, June 14, 2013

Glasgow, Greenock & Stirling

More of Glasgow!!

1st June - King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow, Scotland

We went to watch some live music in a cool little bar. 




 3rd June - Wallace Monument, Stirling - I was not so keen on this because I had never heard of William Wallace. But Once Matt had dragged me up to the top I enjoyed the story behind it. The film 'Braveheart' was roughly based on him so decided to buy the movie afterwards. 




From the top

From the top


We moved on to a hotel called Gleddoch House in Langbank. I didn't take any photos but it was reasonably nice. There was an indoor pool and a nice restaurant - where I had chicken with mushroom and mash (yum). We also went to the gym!! Matt was my trainer and I was sore for a few days after. We also went to Port Glasgow... not to much to say about that haha its not the best city on the eyes, but we had a picnic so that made it ok! haha

5th June - Moved on to Greenock as we were meeting up with Caitlyn and Andrew the next day. We walked down to the water and watched some boats in the sun for a while. Then went to their little local cinema and watched The Great Gatsby because I had been waiting to see it. 



I made a ring... pretty creative ;)

Matt on the phone to his mum :)





We picked up Caitlyn & Andrew in Greenock and went on a drive to Largs. They are engaged!!! Andrew asked her on the South Perth Foreshore overlooking the city just before their trip to Scotland. She wasn't wearing the ring though so that she didn't have to worry about it while they were away so I didn't get to gawk at it in person haha. We went bowling, had lunch and drinks and ate the famous Nardissis icecream. 


I came a draw first with Andrew in some sort of miracle comeback. For the first few bowls everyone was just laughing at me haha





The big ferries - we watched them let cars drive in to the ferry. Similar to what we will have to do to get to Ireland!

Time to pack up and leave Greenock! 




                                                                   Matt punching in our next drive to Fort William










No comments:

Post a Comment